Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Baby talk

It was such a coincidence last week when I was channel surfing and came across an interesting episode on Oprah's show. It was all about baby language and how a gifted lady named Priscilla Dunstan from Australia discovered her ability to interpret how infants communicate with their caregivers. It was said that babies around the world speak the same language to convey what they want and how they feel. Interesting isnt it? Well, it all boils down to 5 main sounds on how to differentiate what the babies want. And they actually tested them on a few babies to prove this and surprisingly it worked! I was amazed......... I told myself that I must record those 5 sounds here to test their effectiveness once Precious #2 is out next year.

1. 'neh' - "I'm hungry"

2. 'owh' - "I'm feeling sleepy"

3. 'heh' - "I'm feeling uncomfortable"

4. 'eair' (pronounced as 'air') - "I have lotsa gas...I need to fart!"

5. 'eh' - "Burp me!"


Well, guess I cant do much about finding out how effective those sounds are until I try them out myself next year!

Apparently there's a DVD for sale on this and it's called Dunstan Baby Language (can be ordered through http://www.dunstanbaby.com/) . The details on this can also be found is http://www.oprah.com/ . So for those curious young mothers out there...you might wanna have a copy? I'm still considering if I should get hold of a copy.........

No comments: